WE EXIST TO FIGHT FOR A FAIRER, MORE BEAUTIFUL WORLD.
This is our purpose, and it drives everything we do. We believe in the beauty of the planet and the good in people, but our world needs work. Nature is suffering at our hands, whole species are become extinct in our lifetimes, and our society remains desperately, deeply unfair and unequal. Our founder, Dame Anita Roddick, built The Body Shop to fight for what is good, and just, and beautiful. Today, this fight is still at the heart of everything we do.
BUSINESS CAN BE A FORCE FOR GOOD.
Business can drive positive change in the world. When Anita threw open the doors of The Body Shop, this was her belief. The products we create, the campaigns we run and the communities we support drive purpose as well as profit. We’re change-makers and we always have been. These days, more and more businesses are waking up to the idea of business as a force for good, and we’re glad to hear it. It’s going to take all of us.
EVERYONE IS BEAUTIFUL.
Our bodies have become fodder for the beauty industry to pick over, reshape and squash into moulds. We believe in the beauty of bodies – all bodies that feel nourished, strong, confident and real. We believe in the inner beauty that comes from joyful energy, self-esteem and attitude to life. Like our founder, Anita, we believe in products that empower every person’s beauty – because everyone is beautiful.
FIGHTING TO EMPOWER WOMEN AND GIRLS.
Fighting for equality is in our DNA, and that means equality for everyone. We exist to promote women’s self-esteem, smash beauty taboos, celebrate female leadership and of course we ensure equal pay for equal work. Our feminism is inclusive and intersectional and we stand with everybody who identifies as female, across race, gender, class, ability, sexuality, age and body shapes.
We have a lot to say, but the real backbone of The Body Shop is our manifesto. Read it, memorise it. Write it on your walls, on your bodies, send it to your friends. This is for all of us, and it’s a call to arms.
- Your body is yours for life.
- It works hard for you.
- So, take care of it.
- With raw, natural and powerful ingredients.
- That do wonders for your body.
- And wonders for the world.
- We’ve never tested on animals.
- We’re vegan wherever possible.
- We champion ethical ingredients.
- And in our fight for a fairer and more beautiful world.
- We will always empower women and girls.
- We’ll let nothing stand in our way.
- Not convention. Not anyone.
- Because now, more than ever.
- The world needs strong confident bodies.
- So, let’s stand up for what we believe in.
- Let’s scrub up our bodies.
- And scrub up the world.
- Let’s roll up our sleeves and…
- Let’s Get To Work.